We are in the World of Information technology in which we are constantly using digital data for the business purpose. There is a need to make the copy of this vital data before deleting it. Among all the applications and services you use online Gmail email client is among one of them. Gmail application is widely used email client for sending and receiving emails for both personal and professional use. Gmail provides 15 GB of storage space. But after some years due to the large size of emails in the Gmail mailbox people wants to free space from Gmail account. Gmail mailbox items are important for everyone, so people don’t want to lose data stored in the Gmail account. So to save Gmails emails to the hard drive, is the best solution for backup purpose. Now the question crops up “How to backup Gmail emails with attachments to hard drive file” let us consider the query of the user.
“Hello everyone I want to download my Gmail emails to my hard in order to free some space from the Gmail mailbox. But before deleting emails from Gmail I want to save these all
Gmail for backup purpose. Can anyone tell how to save Gmail emails with attachments to hard drive. ? am really confused how should I do it. Any suggestion in this regard will be of Great help”
Are you familiar to the above query or you are searching the solution for the same? If your answer is yes then you are on the right solution page. In this article, we will discuss the manual and automated solution to save Gmail emails with attachments. Before going to the solution part let us first discuss the importance of Gmail backup.
Importance of Gmail backup
Gmail users are increasing very frequently. It’s an important medium to exchange crucial information such as reports, contacts, and important documents. The Gmail data is stored in the cloud storage. So to avoid any data loss situation taking backup of Gmail mailbox data is the best option. To overcome the issues such as Gmail account hacked problem, it is advised to save the Gmail data hard drive file is the best option.
The user can create the backup of Gmail emails by using Google takeout service. Follow the mentioned steps to download the data.
- First, the user has to open the Browser and then sign in to your Gmail account.
- Now, open Google takeout in new tab to open Download Your data page.
- Now Select the data to include. The user has to select mails and click on Next.
- Select the file type from ZIP or TGZ format.
- Now in the delivery option, the user has to choose send download via email, add to drive, add to Dropbox or add to one drive option. The user can select send download via email option as per their choice.
- Click on create archive button.
- On that page choose Manage archive option by clicking.
- Now, click on Download button to download Gmail emails along with associated attachments.
Using Gmail Backup Software
The above Manual Method has some limitations such as the user can take the backup of Gmail emails in MBOX file format only. With this method, it is not possible to take the backup in other file formats. So in that case the user can take the help of Gmail backup utility. This Gmail backup tool allows the user to export the Gmail data in PST / EML / MSG and MBOX file format. The user interface of this software is so simple and easy to use so that technical and non-technical person can easily use this software with ease.
Follow the certain steps to backup Gmail emails with attachments.
- Download and Install the Gmail backup software.
- Now provide the credentials of their Gmail account.
- Select the file format from PST / EML/ MSG / MBOX.
- Now the user has to Browse the location to save the data.
- Click on start button to download the data.
When we talk about web-based emails clients Gmail is among one of them. So backing up of Gmail data is most important in order to avoid data loss situations. From the above writeup, one can get the ideas how to save Gmail emails with attachments to the hard drive. We have resolved this query with the help of manual and automated solution. The manual method has some limitations. So, in that case, the user can prefer Gmail backup software.